Membership is open to all medical educators, faculty members, students and residents. If you have an interest in medical education and would like to expand your network of colleagues and resources, we hope that you will join us.
Source: CCME 2010: St. John's, NL, May 2010 - CAME Annual Luncheon
Why join CAME?
- Meet like-minded people and establish professional networks
- Learn about medical education in Canada
- Present scholarly work to peers
- Participate in professional development programs such as CLIME, RIME and SIME
- Participate in Educational Interest Groups and CAME Committees
- Be eligible for CAME awards
- Benefit from reciprocal arrangements with AMEE and ASME
- Make a difference in the future of medical education in Canada
- Engage in a community of practice in medical education
- Receive communication from CAME including newsletters, bulletins, and access to members-only section
CAME Membership Categories and Fees (as of January 1, 2012)
Membership is for one year from January to December, renewable annually
Retired Member (based on $175 regular fee)
- fully retired (0 hours per week) 20% of base dues
- partially retired (0-20 hours per week) 50% of base dues
Early Career Medical Educator
* This category will be offered to individuals who are within the first 7 years of their career in medical education.
A discounted member rate of 65% of the regular member rate will be extended to these individuals for three years.
For 2012, the ECME category fee is $113.75.
How do I join?
Individuals wishing to join CAME can do so by downloading and completing the CAME membership form (PDF format).
Signing up for CAME membership has never been easier! CAME members can pay their membership online, update their information and access documents (such as webinar recordings) via a secure online portal. Individuals wishing to join CAME can do so as well.
Joining CAME for the first time or renewing your CAME membership online via a secure CAME website;
One-stop shopping: update your contact information, provide key membership and professional details;
Paying directly by credit card via Chase Paymentech, a secure and trusted e-commerce business solution.
Other payment options are available not wishing to pay by credit card such as payment by cheque or PayPal.
Stay tuned for more details! Renewal notifications will be sent via email before the end of December.
Online method: if you are joining online, you can either pay with a credit card (via PayPal) or send a cheque payable to the Canadian Association for Medical Education.
Mail-in method: Download and print the CAME membership application form, complete and send along with payment information. Funds are in Cdn $. (PDF)
Tel: 613 730-0687 ext 238;
Fax: 613 730-1196
AMEE Membership for CAME Members
CAME is grateful for its relationship with the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE). Through our collaborative efforts, CAME members can sign up for membership with AMEE at a discounted rate. The 2011 rate is £80.
To join AMEE: If you are a CAME member and want to join AMEE, go to the AMEE login page: http://www.amee.org/Login.aspx . It is important to note that all persons are required to login before proceeding with any orders.
Current AMEE members will automatically receive an email renewal notification. CAME members will continue to enjoy a discounted AMEE member rate.
For more information on AMEE membership, visit http://www.amee.org/index.asp?lm=98.
ASME Membership for CAME Members
Following negotiations, we are delighted to be able to offer CAME members membership of ASME for the special rate of CAN $110 per annum. If you would like to join ASME and take advantage of this special rate please visit the ASME website: www.asme.org.uk.