CAME Certificate of Merit Award 2014
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 5, 2014
To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools.
To promote CAME at each of the Canadian medical schools.
The CAME Certificate of Merit Award consists of a certificate and CAME membership for one year. For those who are already CAME members, their membership will be extended for one year. The number of awards to be given in any year will be determined by the CAME Executive on an annual basis.
Criteria for Selection
- All contributors to medical education in each school are eligible (undergraduate, postgraduate, CME). Recipients need not be members of CAME.
- Recipients will have made a contribution to medical education deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, evaluation, educational leadership, course coordination, etc.).
- Recipients generally should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Recipients will not be current Deans or Associate Deans within the school.
Please email all submissions to the CAME Awards Committee at email@example.com.
Criteria for Selection
- CAME yearly launches the process with a letter to school representatives.
- The local CAME representative will set up a local committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit a short description of the selection mechanism used. He/she will also submit the name(s) of the award winners together with a short summary (no more than one page) of his/her educational activities supporting the nomination.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations.
- CAME will inform the awardees and will send them their Certificates of Merit.
- The names of the awardees will be announced during the CAME annual business meeting and through other appropriate communication channels.
2014 Certificate of Merit Award Recipients
University of British Columbia Dr. William Godolphin, Dr. Trent J. Smith, Dr. Marjon Blouw University of Alberta Dr. William A. Dafoe, Dr. Kent Stobart, Dr. Lana Bistritz University of Calgary Dr. Ian Wishart, Dr. Lara Nixon, Dr. Fabiola Aparicio-Ting University of Saskatchewan Dr. James W. Barton University of Manitoba Dr. Keevin Bernstein, Dr. José François University of Toronto Dr. Raed Jad Hawa, Dr. Jeannette Goguen University of Western Ontario Dr. Michele Weir, Dr. Mariamma Joseph, Dr. Claude Kortas University of Ottawa/Université d'Ottawa Dr. Heather Clark, Dr. Catharine J. Robertson, Dr. Pierre Fortier Northern Ontario School of Medicine Dr. Tara Tomlinson Baron Queen's University Dr. Robert J. Connelly, Dr. Michelle Gibson McMaster University Dr. Lori Whitehead, Dr. Eli Rabin, Dr. Christina Grant Université Laval Dr. Bernard Tetu, Dr. Eric Philippe, Dr. Jean-Pierre Beauchemin Université de Sherbrooke Dr. Jean-Patrice Baillargeon, Dr. Paul Chaisson, Dre Chantal Vallée McGill University Dr. Ari N. Meguerditchian, Dr. Lily Ha-Nam P. Nguyen, Dr. Kevin Schwartzman Université de Montréal Dr. Stéphane Ouellet, Dr. Stéphane P. Ahern, Dr. Nathalie Caire Fon Dalhousie University Dr. Patricia Livingston, Dr. Wendy Anne Stewart Memorial University of Newfoundland Dr. Mary K Wells
Previous Years Winners
(PDF files unless otherwise indicated)
2012 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2011 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2010 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2009 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2008 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2007 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2006 Certificate of Merit Award Winners Photos (PPT) 2003 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2002 Certificate of Merit Award Winners