CAME Certificate of Merit Award 2014
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 6, 2013
To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools.
To promote CAME at each of the Canadian medical schools.
The CAME Certificate of Merit Award consists of a certificate and CAME membership for one year. For those who are already CAME members, their membership will be extended for one year. The number of awards to be given in any year will be determined by the CAME Executive on an annual basis.
Criteria for Selection
- All contributors to medical education in each school are eligible (undergraduate, postgraduate, CME). Recipients need not be members of CAME.
- Recipients will have made a contribution to medical education deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, evaluation, educational leadership, course coordination, etc.).
- Recipients generally should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Recipients will not be current Deans or Associate Deans within the school.
Criteria for Selection
- CAME yearly launches the process with a letter to school representatives.
- The local CAME representative will set up a local committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit a short description of the selection mechanism used. He/she will also submit the name(s) of the award winners together with a short summary (no more than one page) of his/her educational activities supporting the nomination.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations.
- CAME will inform the awardees and will send them their Certificates of Merit.
- The names of the awardees will be announced during the CAME annual business meeting and through other appropriate communication channels.
2013 Certificate of Merit Award Recipients
University of British Columbia Dr. Steven Chang, Dr. Paul Kliffer, Dr. Jill McEwen University of Alberta Dr. Pamela Brett-MacLean, Dr. Ronald Damant, Dr. Darryl Rolfson University of Calgary Dr. Wes Jackson, Dr. Irene Ma, Dr. Guido van Marle University of Saskatchewan Dr. Meredith McKague University of Manitoba Dr. Marilyn Singer, Dr. Don Smyth University of Toronto Dr. Vito Forte, Dr. Shirley Lee, Dr. Lynfa Stroud University of Western Ontario Ms. Anna Farias, Dr. Carla Garcia, Dr. Michael Ott University of Ottawa/Université d'Ottawa Dr. Clare Gray, Dr. Wade Gofton, Dr. Anne McCarthy Northern Ontario School of Medicine Dr. Rachel Ellaway Queen's University Dr. Ted Ashbury, Dr. Heather Murray McMaster University To be announced Université Laval Dre Nathalie Gingras, Dre Lucie Rochefort, Dre Sylvie Trottier Université de Sherbrooke Pr Jean-Daniel Baillargeon, Pre Sharon Hatcher, Pre Ghislaine Houde McGill University Dr. Terry Hebert, Dr. Leonora Lalla, Dr. Kevin Waschke Université de Montréal Dre Louise Authier, Dr François Bénard, Dr Éric Drouin Dalhousie University Dr. Christine Dipchand, Dr. Fiona Bergin Memorial University of Newfoundland Dr. Robert Miller
Previous Years Winners
(PDF files unless otherwise indicated)
2012 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2011 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2010 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2009 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2008 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2007 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2006 Certificate of Merit Award Winners Photos (PPT) 2003 Certificate of Merit Award Winners 2002 Certificate of Merit Award Winners