CAME Certificate of Merit Award 2016
Nomination deadline: December 14, 2015
To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools.
To promote CAME at each of the Canadian medical schools.
The Certificate of Merit Awards will be presented at CAME's Annual General Meeting at CCME. The number of awards to be given in any year will be determined by the CAME Executive on an annual basis.
Criteria for Selection
- All contributors to medical education in each school are eligible (undergraduate, postgraduate, CME/CPD and Faculty Development). Recipients need not be members of CAME.
- Recipients will have made a contribution to medical education deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, evaluation, educational leadership, course coordination, etc.).
- Recipients should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Members currently serving on the CAME Executive, CAME Board of Directors or the CAME Awards Committee are not eligible.
- The nomination must be submitted by the local CAME Representative.
Please email all submissions to the CAME Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process for Selection
- CAME yearly launches the process with a letter to school representatives.
- The local CAME representative will set up a local committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit a short description of the selection mechanism used. He/she will also submit the name(s) of the award winners together with a short summary (no more than one page) of his/her educational activities supporting the nomination.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations.
- CAME will inform the awardees by email
- The Certificate of Merit Awards will be presented at CAME's Annual General Meeting at CCME.
2015 Certificate of Merit Award Recipients
University of British Columbia Dr Linlea Armstrong, Dr Pawel Kindler, Dr Cheryl Holmes University of Alberta Dr. Susan Andrew, Dr. Vijay Daniels, Dr. Jennifer Walton University of Calgary Keith Wycliffe Jones, Theresa Trotter, Jesse Hendrikse University of Saskatchewan Dr. Rob Woods University of Manitoba Dr. Heather Dean, Dr. John Embil University of Toronto Dr. Stacey Bernstein, Dr. Kymm Feldman, Dr. Andrea Waddell University of Western Ontario Dr. Wassim Saad, Dr. Faisal Rehman, Dr. Dave Dixon University of Ottawa/Université d'Ottawa Cathy Code, Tim Brandys, Peter Boyles Northern Ontario School of Medicine Dr. Lee Toner Queen's University Dr. Mala Joneja, Dr. Karen W. Schultz McMaster University Dr. Andrea Hunter, Dr. Bruce Wainman Université Laval Dr Michel J Tremblay, Dre Danielle Saucier, Dr Yvan Douville Université de Sherbrooke Pr Marc Soucy, Pre Muriel Narjoz-Mury, Pr Èric Lachance McGill University Dr. Joseph Cox, Dr. Sero Andonian, Dr. Douglas Dalton Université de Montréal Carole Lambert, Stephanie Raymond-Carrier, Vincent Jobin Dalhousie University Dr. Mohsin Rashid, Dr. Janice Chisholm Memorial University of Newfoundland Dr Sharon Peters