CAME Certificate of Merit Award
Nomination deadline: January 27, 2017
To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools.
To promote CAME at each of the Canadian medical schools.
The CAME Certificate of Merit Award consists of a certificate and the opportunity to write an article for the CAME Voice. The number of awards to be given in any year will be determined by the CAME Executive on an annual basis.
- All contributors to medical education in each school are eligible (undergraduate, postgraduate, CME/CPD and Faculty Development). Recipients need not be members of CAME.
- Recipients will have made a contribution to medical education deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, evaluation, educational leadership, course coordination, etc.).
- Recipients should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Each initial nomination must be made by a CAME member.
- Members currently serving on the CAME Executive, CAME Board of Directors or the CAME Awards Committee are not eligible.
Please email all submissions to the CAME Awards Committee at email@example.com.
Criteria for Selection
- CAME yearly launches the process with a letter to school representatives.
- The local CAME representative will set up a local committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit a short description of the current selection mechanism used. The local CAME Representative will submit the completed template that was provided by the CAME Awards Committee.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations.
- CAME will inform the awardees by email.
- The Certificate of Merit Awards will be presented at CAME's Annual General Meeting at CCME.
2016 Certificate of Merit Award Recipients
University of British Columbia Dr Sarah Brears, Dr Kiran Veerapen, Dr Dawn Cooper University of Alberta Dr Jonathan Duff, Dr Allan Ho, Dr Amy Tan University of Calgary Dr Hanan Bassyouni, Dr Marcia Clark, Dr Lori Montgomery University of Saskatchewan Dr Mateen Raazi University of Manitoba Dr Wil Fleisher University of Toronto Dr Joyce Nyhof-Young, Dr Peter Selby, Dr Eric Yu University of Western Ontario Dr Kevin Fung, Dr SheriLynn Kane, Dr Cyrus Hsia University of Ottawa/Université d'Ottawa Dr Eric Wooltorton, Dr Vladimir Contreras- Dominguez Northern Ontario School of Medicine Dr Robert Anderson Queen's University Dr Melanie T. Jaeger, Dr J. Damon Dagnone McMaster University Dr Murray Potter, Dr Marcel Dore Université Laval Dre Louise Côté, Dre Diane Comeau, Dr Jean Maziade Université de Sherbrooke Pre Sophie Desindes, Pre Luce Pélissier Simard, Pr Martin Plaisance McGill University Dr Devinder Cheema, Dr Preetha Krishnamoorthy, Dr Paul Wieczorek Université de Montréal Dre Chantal Lafond, Dre Marie-France Pelland, Dr Patrick Hamel Dalhousie University Dr Anna MacLeod, Dr Samuel Campbell Memorial University of Newfoundland Dr Noel O'Regan