The CAME Foundation
Be part of the next generation of medical education in Canada!
It's about YOUR priorities! Support any key initiatives listed below or provide an unrestricted donation to support all Foundation activities.
The CAME Foundation was created in February 2012 thanks to the efforts and vision of Dr. Meridith Marks, University of Ottawa andsuccessfully received registered charity status in 2013. The CAME Foundation has a Board of Directors and is dedicated to advancing eligible activities of CAME for the benefit of medical educators and those they serve.
The purpose of the CAME Foundation is to advance medical education by:
- providing support through scholarships, bursaries, awards or other forms of financial assistance to persons or organizations engaged in or intending to engage in research or education in the field of medical education
- providing support to conferences, courses, seminars, training programs and workshops focused on medical education and related research; and
- receiving or maintaining a fund or funds and to transfer from time to time all or part thereof or the income therefrom to other charities under the Income Tax Act (Canada) that engage in medical education.
CAME Foundation Priority Objectives
- Create an annual peer-reviewed grant competition exclusively to support Canadian medical education research and innovation
- Support up to two educators from across Canada each year to travel to other academic sites to learn, share ideas and collaborate on new initiatives
- Build on the existing Ian Hart fund to ensure a sustained legacy to support CAME initiatives, well into the future
- Support the development of new educational programs that use best evidence and expertise from across Canada to help teachers and educators in their academic roles
- Support CAME in its development of well-researched and relevant public statements and position papers on issues of importance to medical education in Canada.
Mary Digout, Manager
CAME Foundation/Fondation de l'ACEM
2733 Lancaster Road, Suite 100
Ottawa ON K1B 0A9
Tel: 613 730-0687, ext 238
Fax: 613 730-1196