CFPC Webinar: Layered Learning: Integrating learners into your clinical practice
Date: Tuesday, June 2nd, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (ET)
Presenters: Dr. Lisa Graves and Dr. Lyn Power
Link to webinar:
Whether you are an early-career or experienced family medicine preceptor or teacher, successfully applying a layered learning approach to your practice can be a daunting task, particularly in a virtual care setting. This educational model—which has residents and students overlap—is commonly used in clinical practices. In this webinar we will explore various layered learning scenarios and provide essential tips to help you integrate layered learners into any setting.
This webinar will also feature various strategies for:
• Identifying challenges and benefits associated with hosting multi-level learners in a clinical setting
• Overcoming barriers to working with multi-level learners in a clinical setting
• Incorporating teaching techniques that are useful in clinical settings with multi-level learners
Please note: This webinar will stream in English only, with slides available in both English and French. Questions may be submitted (and will be answered) in both languages.
Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada’s Undergraduate Education Committee will host this webinar:
• Dr. Lisa Graves, a professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
• Dr. Lyn Power, an assistant professor and the Undergraduate Program Director in the Discipline of Family Medicine at Memorial University of Newfoundland
This live webinar has been certified by the CFPC for one Mainpro+® credit.