CAME Certificate of Merit Award
Submission deadline: December 7, 2018
To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools. To promote CAME at each of the Canadian medical schools.
The CAME Certificate of Merit Award consists of a certificate and the opportunity to write an article for the CAME Voice. The number of awards to be given in any year will be determined by the CAME Executive on an annual basis. The initial nomination must be made by a CAME member. Members currently serving on the CAME Executive, CAME Board of Directors or the CAME Awards Committee are not eligible as nominees. Nominations must be formally resubmitted each year to be considered.
- All contributors to medical education in each school are eligible (undergraduate, postgraduate, CME/CPD and Faculty Development). Recipients need not be members of CAME.
- Recipients will have made a contribution to medical education deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, assessment, evaluation, educational leadership, course coordination, education, research)
- Recipients should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Members currently serving on the CAME Executive, CAME Board of Directors or the CAME Awards Committee are not eligible.
- CAME requests each CAME Board school representative begin the process via email which will include the submission deadline date.
- The local CAME representative will set up a selection committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit the name(s) of the award winners and their contact information together with a) a brief one paragraph description of achievements AND b) a maximum 140 character comment for each of the awardees. Submissions are to be emailed to CAME Awards Committee at email@example.com.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations and notify the awardees by email.
- The Certificate of Merit Awards will be presented at CAME’s Annual General Meeting at CCME. It is an expectation that the COM awardees will attend where at all possible.
- CAME will acknowledge each recipient on its website and through Twitter.
2018 Certificate of Merit Award Recipients
Dr. Brenda Hardie, Dr. Adam Peets,
Dr. Joana Gil-Mohapel
Dr. Ron Oswald, Dr. Brian Sonnenberg,
Dr. Helen Steed
Dr. Adrian Harvey, Dr. Vincent Grant,
Dr. Gregory Kline
Dr. Maryam Mehtar
Dr. Aviva Goldberg, Dr. Michael West
Dr. Nicole Woods, Dr. Rick Penciner
Dr. George Kim, Dr. Jennifer Vergel De Dios
Dr. Jean Philippe Vaccani, Dr. Alison Eyre
Dr. Tom Crichton
Dr. Randy Wax, Dr. David Taylor
Dr. PJ Devereaux, Dr. Sharon Marr,
Dr. Ana Hategan
Dre Julie Fortin, Dr. Mathieu Leboeuf,
Dr. Robert Delage
Pr. Doan Hoa Do, Pr. Louis Gagnon,
Pre. Micheline Boucher
Dre Melina Vassiliou, Dr. Barry Slapcoff,
Dr. Todd McConnell
Dre Mélanie Vincent, Dre Véronique-Castonguay,
Dr Jean-Sébastien Lebon
Dr. Robert Boulay, Dr. Geoff Williams
Dr. Tanis Adey