CAME Rising Star – Certificate of Excellence
Nomination Deadline: December 10, 2021
This award is intended to recognize learners who have demonstrated a commitment and/or passion for medical education. This could be education research, curriculum or workshop development, leadership, advocacy, etc, that has had a positive impact for the health professions education community at their school or beyond.
The CAME Rising Star Certificate of Excellence consists of a certificate and the opportunity to write an article for the CAME Voice. There are up to three awards at each Canadian medical school: 1 for medical students; 1 for residents/fellows; 1 for graduate students. The initial nomination must be made by a CAME member. Members currently serving on the CAME Executive or CAME Board of Directors are not eligible as nominees. Nominations must be formally resubmitted each year to be considered.
* The CAME Awards Committee has no role in adjudicating the CAME Rising Star Certificate of Excellence. While sponsored by CAME, these awards are adjudicated locally by CAME Board School Representatives and their committees.
- All learners who are engaged in medical education scholarship in each school are eligible. Recipients need not be members of CAME. Award category is based on time of nomination – for example, a graduate student who has defended before CCME, but was still in their program at the nomination deadline, is eligible for the graduate student category.
- Recipients will have been engaged in medical education scholarship in a way deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, assessment, evaluation, educational leadership, course or workshop or session development, education, research)
- Recipients should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Members currently serving on the CAME Executive or CAME Board of Directors are not eligible.
- CAME requests each CAME Board school representative begin the process via email which will include the submission deadline date.
- The local CAME representative will set up a selection committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit the name(s) of the award winners, their contact information and a maximum 280 character comment for each of the awardees. Submissions are to be sent to CAME by School Representatives by completing an online form. The link to this form will be distributed to CAME Board School representatives in September.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations and notify the awardees by email.
- The Certificate of Excellence will be presented at CAME’s Annual General Meeting at CCME. It is an expectation that the awardees will attend where at all possible.
- CAME will acknowledge each recipient on its website and through Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & Facebook.