The CAME Foundation
Be part of the next generation of medical education in Canada!
It’s about YOUR priorities! Support any key initiatives listed below or provide an unrestricted donation to support all Foundation activities.
The CAME Foundation was created in February 2012 thanks to the efforts and vision
of Dr. Meridith Marks, University of Ottawa and successfully received registered charity status
in 2013. The CAME Foundation has a Board of Directors and is dedicated to advancing eligible
activities of CAME for the benefit of medical educators and those they serve.
The purpose of the CAME Foundation is to advance medical education by:
- providing support through scholarships, bursaries, awards or other forms of financial assistance to persons or organizations engaged in or intending to engage in research or education in the field of medical education
- providing support to conferences, courses, seminars, training programs and workshops focused on medical education and related research; and
- receiving or maintaining a fund or funds and to transfer from time to time all or part thereof or the income therefrom to other charities under the Income Tax Act (Canada) that engage in medical education.
CAME Foundation Priority Objectives
- Create an annual peer-reviewed grant competition exclusively to support Canadian medical education research and innovation
- Support up to two educators from across Canada each year to travel to other academic sites to learn, share ideas and collaborate on new initiatives
- Build on the existing Ian Hart fund to ensure a sustained legacy to support CAME initiatives, well into the future
- Support the development of new educational programs that use best evidence and expertise from across Canada to help teachers and educators in their academic roles
- Support CAME in its development of well-researched and relevant public statements and position papers on issues of importance to medical education in Canada.
White Coat, Warm heART Exhibit
Each year the White Coat, Warm heART Exhibit accepts entries in a wide variety of categories, including oils, watercolor, photographs, pastels, etching, pen and ink, video, sculpture, poetry and more. The artists are learners and faculty from diverse health professions backgrounds. The CAME Foundation is pleased for the sixth year in a row, to partner with Dr. CA Courneya, the WCWA Jury, and artists to launch our first online auction. The White Coat, Warm heART and CAME Foundation Silent Auction will be available online from June 22 to July 5, 2020! More information can be found here, on our dedicated page.
CAME Foundation Health Professions Education Grants
Opportunities for peer-reviewed grant support in Health Professions Education are limited. Learners and faculty at all stages, who have new projects, are particularly challenged in obtaining support. The CAME Foundation Health Professions Education Grants support new and innovative scholarly projects in Health Professions Education that are not part of larger, formalized and funded education research programs. There are four different grants aimed at supporting different groups.
Board of Directors
Chair of the Board
Dr. Wade Watson
Vice Chair of the Board
Dr. Deena Hamza
Dr. Sohaib Al-Asaaed
Dr. Vernon Curran
Dr. Mylène Dandavino
Dr. Irene Ma
Dr. Aliya Kassam
Dr. Janeve Desy