How do I join?
Signing up for CAME membership has never been easier!
CAME members can pay their membership online, update their
information and access documents via a secure online portal.
Individuals wishing to join CAME can do so as well.
Reasons to Join CAME
Meet like-minded people and establish professional networks. Engage in CAME committees or communities of practice in medical education.
Learn & Lead
Learn about medical education in Canada.
Present & Review
Present scholarly work to peers. Gain insights into the leading edge of medical education research and scholarship by helping review abstracts for CCME (Canadian Conference in Medical Education).
Access our professional development programs (such as CLIME)
Participate in Educational Interest Groups and CAME Committees.
Receive communication from CAME including newsletters, bulletins, and access to members-only section. Maintain eligibility for CAME awards, benefit from reciprocal arrangements with AMEE and ASME.
Make a Difference
CAME members are highly influential in shaping medical education in Canada.
CAME and CAME Member Beneﬁts
- CAME voice – weekly community blog
- Supporting the Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME)
- Supporting Early Career Medical Educators (ECME)
- Local & regional connections & networks
- Webinars (offered in English – exploring more offerings in French)
- Canadian Leadership Institute for Medical Education – CLIME (English) and iCLEM (French)
- Principles of Assessment for the Continuum of Clinical Competence (CAME-PACCC) (offered in French and English)
- Advocacy for medical education and medical educators through local, national and international collaborations with partner organizations
- Advocacy within universities e.g. advocating for change in promotion policies and procedures
- CAME Foundation has established the Wooster Family Grant funding is available to clinical faculty members
to support new and innovative projects in medical education.
- Within Faculties of Medicine at all levels of development
- CAME Certificates of Merit providing national recognition to outstanding educators at each medical school
- Meredith Marks New Educator Award
- Ian Hart Award Distinguished Contribution to Medical Education
- Abstract selection, judging, and moderating sessions at the Canadian Conference on Medical Education
- Journal reviewer or associate editor for Canadian Medical Education Journal (www.cmej.ca)
- Writing for CAME Voice (https://www.came-acem.ca/pubs_CAME-VOICE-VOIX_en.php)
- CAME members receive a special rate for all of our educator development programs offered in Canada
- AMEE (Association of Medical Education in Europe) membership along with a subscription to Medical Teacher.
- ASME (Association of Studies in Medical Education) membership along with a subscription to Medical Education and Clinical Teacher
- Joining CAME for the first time or renewing your CAME membership online via a secure CAME website;
- One-stop shopping: update your contact information, provide key membership and professional details;
- Paying directly by credit card via Chase Paymentech a secure and trusted e-commerce business solution.
- Other payment options are available not wishing to pay by credit card such as payment by cheque or PayPal.
- Stay tuned for more details! Renewal notifications will be sent via email before the end of December.
If you are joining online, you can either pay with a credit card, via PayPal, or send a cheque payable to the Canadian Association for Medical Education, 2733 Lancaster Road, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario K1B 0A9.
Tel: 613 730-0687 ext 238
Fax: 613 730-1196
CAME Membership Categories and Fees
(as of January 1, 2020)
|Early Career Medical Educator||$126.75*|
(0-20 hours per week) 50% of base dues
(0 hours per week) 20% of base dues
Please note: Membership is for one year from January to December, renewable annually
* ECME Member: This category will be offered to individuals who are within the first 7 years of their career in medical education. A discounted member rate of 65% of the regular member rate will be extended to these individuals for three years.
AMEE Membership for CAME Members
CAME is grateful for its relationship with the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE).
Through our collaborative efforts, CAME members can sign up for membership with AMEE at a
discounted rate. The 2018 rate is £93.
To join AMEE: If you are a CAME member and want to join AMEE, go to the AMEE login page:
It is important to note that all persons are required to login before proceeding with any orders.
Current AMEE members will automatically receive an email renewal notification.
CAME members will continue to enjoy a discounted AMEE member rate.
For more information on AMEE membership, visit https://amee.org/what-is-amee/membership
CAME Communities of Practice
At the 2017 CAME Board retreat, the CAME Communities of Practice were created to serve our membership in connecting like mind individuals who share common interests in medical education.
CAME seeks to encourage and support the organic formation of communities of practice for its members. These groups are spontaneously created by self-identified champions. The following is a directory of active CAME’s active Communities of Practice.
Developing Communities Practice
The following Committee is leading the way in developing new communities of practice for CAME. Please contact
Shelly Ross (Chair) to learn more about how you can develop a community of practice for your area of interest.
Dr. Shelley Ross
Dr. Lara Hazelton
Dr. Claire Touchie
Dr. Anne Matlow