CAME's Canadian Leadership Institute for Medical Education (CLIME)
CAME created CLIME to develop national leaders in health sciences education and is designed to meet the needs of individuals who are engaged in leading initiatives that will promote excellence, innovation, change, and scholarship in Health Sciences. This Institute is geared towards Health Sciences educators who are in a position to implement new skills in the workplace. Teaching and learning methods will include: interactive lectures, individual assignments, self-reflection, small-group sessions, team work, and opportunities for networking. Moreover, case examples used during the program will be directly applicable to Health Sciences education.
This course is offered in English; space is limited to 45 participants.
By the end of CLIME, participants will be able to:
- identify their professional goals as leaders in the health professions and discuss ways of achieving these goals;
- analyze their own leadership styles and consider how style influences practice, using different models of leadership and change;
- apply a framework for analyzing change to specific situations in their own professional contexts;
- master different conflict management styles and negotiation strategies;
- describe an approach to establishing and leading effective teams; and
- define “scholarship” with respect to medical education and discuss strategies to foster scholarly work.
(subject to change)
|Morning||Personal Effectiveness I: Goals and Career Paths|
|Morning||Medical Education Leadership|
|Morning||Conflict Resolution and Negotiation|
|Morning||Scholarship in Medical Education|
|Afternoon||Personal Effectiveness II: Time Management for Leaders|
Dr. Brent Kvern, University of Manitoba (Co-Chair)
Dr. Barbara-Ann Millar, University of Toronto (Co-Chair)
Dr. Kent Stobart, University of Saskatchewan
Dr. Darren Beiko, Queen’s University
Dr. Deepak Dath, McMaster University
Dr. Ming-Ka Chan, University of Manitoba
Dr. James Goertzen, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
Mrs. Mary Cunningham, Canadian Association for Medical Education
We hope to have dates for an in person delivery posted soon!
Additional Savings: Become a CAME member and save $300 on your CLIME registration fees and enjoy the benefits of CAME membership!
For information about becoming a CAME member, please visit our website at: https://www.came-acem.ca/membership-information/
Mary Cunningham, Association Manager
Canadian Association for Medical Education (CAME)
150 Elgin Street, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1L4
Tel: 613 730-0687 ext 238